BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST -12 month contract – for the Dept of Labor in Atlanta, Ga
Submit your current resume
Submit you hourly rate and NOTE if you are W2 or 1099 Status
Please fill out the attached client questionnaire
Below is the job description:
This position will be assigned to the Business Services group. The primary duties will be to capture requirements, business flow diagrams, functional design specifications and conceptual data models for key IT processes. The candidate must be able to work under limited supervision and experience working with enterprise systems. Successful candidates must be senior Business Systems Analyst who has successfully managed from start to finish highly complex, technology projects with very aggressive timelines. Current project and business analysis skills are also required.
Specific responsibilities include:
1. Gathers and documents business and technical requirements.
2. Analyzes business processes, conducts interviews, and confers with management to document procedures and determine program's functional requirements
3. Ensures correct business functionality, requirements, and industry standards are addressed within the computer application.
4. Develops detailed business user requirements, system documentation, workflow procedures, user test scripts and conceptual data models.
5. Review Technical Documents.
6. Collect, develop, analyze, and edit Business Process Diagrams.
7. Interview Business Users & Subject Matter Experts to capture Functional Requirements and develop Use Cases.
8. Assist the customers in prioritization of system development initiatives Chairs, manages, or facilitates project meetings, communicating individual roles and project expectations. Ensures that all project team members have the tools and training required to perform effectively. Manages conflict resolution within the framework of business and project/program objectives.
9. May conduct formal and/or informal training sessions; may also assist in creating and developing training courses
10. Writing, publishing, getting approval and maintaining detailed functional specifications, as well as translating functional designs into written technical designs and specifications
11. Lead requirements gathering meetings to elicit business needs
12. Prepare requirement, specifications, business processes/flows and recommendations
13. Works with Quality Assurance to define test conditions and validate technical solution; participates in the development and execution of the test plan
• Minimum of five years of progressively responsible information technology experience with at least 2 years in the software development industry. Minimum of 3 years professional Business Process/Analyst experience(application support a plus).
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Requirements Management, and/or Business Modeling is preferred. Extensive experience in strategic systems analysis & requirements definition, including writing Use Cases, performing Gap Analysis and reviewing Technical Design documents.
• Project management, meeting management, and facilitation skills.
• Ability to learn/analyze complex, inter-connected business processes & systems quickly.
• Strong working knowledge of client and web application business processes & systems.
• Working knowledge of iterative software development methodologies
• Experience with Software Development Life Cycle.
• Extensive experience in generating conceptual data models and/or modifying existing models for enhancements.
• Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams through project completion.
• Excellent communication skills, verbal & written.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Proficient in MS Project, MS Office, and Visio
• Strong understanding of IT operational processes and familiarity with standards and trends in the industry relative to IT processes.
• Advanced degree from an accredited college or university.
• Project management certification or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum.
• Business analysis certification or successful completion of a recognized business analysis curriculum.