Red face Unanswered: license questions

Sorry about the complete NEWB question

Could somebody explain how filemaker's licensing works?
    The main site talks about users and seats but for some reason I just don't get what the actual cost would be to me.

Here's what I am thinking.

Move a php/mysql (LAMP) based program to filemaker (reason ... development time and that I've been wanting to take up filemaker for quite a few years.)

The program I currently have been working on is a basically a project management setup with a few extras that are going to be increasing over the next 2 years.

End users will need access to either individual based apps on their machines or to the net.

I would like to eventually provide a portable iphone/pda solution.

Outside of development costs, what will this cost me in licensing?

(lolo, I hope I'm making sense )

If you need more than 10 license, you could get the volume license discount. Let say Cost * 10 (license) + Server = around 5000$

FileMaker volume Licensing

On the FileMaker web site they are offering 10 copies of FileMaker Pro Client and the Server (not Advanced) for $3499.

If you call them, it is possible to mix normal version with Advanced. The advantage of getting volume license is the maintenance program which cost 60$ per year per license. This program provides the latest FM version at no extra fees. FM tends to release a new version every 12 to 18 months. So doing the maths you can make some good saves.