This project provides technical support for a Development Lab / Analysis Center. The lab houses various prototype systems which employee a wide range of hardware, software, and operating systems. This project provides the resources to provide a wide range of supporting services designed to support both infrastructure and system specific requirements.
Manage centralized, large-scale, enterprise-wide data resources. Designs, develops and maintains complex databases.
• Creates procedures for the design, implementation and test of database backup, recovery systems, database migration and archiving systems and procedures.
• Creates plans for the implementation of database security infrastructure.
• Consults with architects and technical specialists to identify proper hardware and software implementations.
• Plans, installs and tests software upgrades and patches. Provides input on organizational standards for database monitoring thresholds. Monitors performance trends to identify and correct problems.
Mid-level System Administrator with experience in data flow and data flow processes.
• General administrative skills to include Perl scripting.
• Able to work in a team environment and able to work with customer set.
Bachelor's degree and typically 9 to 13 years' related work experience or a Master's degree with 7 to 11 years' related work experience or a PhD degree with 4 to 8 years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The candidate will manage centralized, large-scale, enterprise-wide data resources:
• Oversee the movement of data within all data center locations, act as a central point for tracking of information assets and data flows under the direction of the client Tech Director and oversight of supporting security officer.
• Maintain accurate catalog of data present in the data center across all projects, work with customers to integrate new data flows to support discovery prototypes.
• Administer data-forwarding and custom data flow management applications
• Maintain Perl based custom data distribution process.
• Lead development of file cataloging system under the direction of the Tech Leader, intended to support file based processing by discovery projects hosted in the data center.
• Be the point-of-contact for all day-to-day data flow questions and provide management and security officer accurate and timely information about all data of information incoming (by any means), outgoing (by any means), or stored (within databases and file systems) within the data center.
• Act in both a facilitation and security oversight capacity on behalf of the data center management and security officer.