Unanswered: bcp issue on 2005

bcp "exec SecurityMaster..usp_GetBBPerSecurityIdentifiers '01/28/2009'" queryout "Securities.txt" -U"USER" -P"PASSWORD" -S"sec-master" -c -t

Works fine on 2000 but not 2005

Get Error
    SQLState = HY000, NativeError = 0
    Error = [Microsoft][SQL Native Client]BCP host-files must contain at least one column

osql -U"USER" -P"PASS" -Q "exec SecurityMaster..usp_GetBBPerSecurityIdentifiers '01/28/2009'" -S"sec-master" -h-1

works fine

Provided Answers: 11
    Does the stored procedure include a line for SET NOCOUNT ON? I am also betting you have a temp table tucked in that procedure somewhere, too. Some older APIs get confused when they see "rows affected" messages, before any data.

Quote Originally Posted by MCrowley
    Does the stored procedure include a line for SET NOCOUNT ON? I am also betting you have a temp table tucked in that procedure somewhere, too. Some older APIs get confused when they see "rows affected" messages, before any data.
    I changed the temp table to a perm table that I truncate and load, yes Nocount is set on. Like I said, works fine in 2000, 2005 no like. I got around it with sqlcmd call instead of BCP.

Provided Answers: 11
    Something else must be confusing it, then. At a random guess, does the procedure return a value? Or perhaps have output parameters?

I would change the temp table back to temporary. You may end up with concurrent runs of this procedure, and troubleshooting that rats' nest is going to turn you gray pretty quick.

Check that you do not have multiple bcp.exe's -one for 2000 and one for 2005. Use the one that is your database type.

bcp 2005 no likee temp tables.