Unanswered: toad problem after router network changes

Hello,

I have been using toad and oracle sql developer.few changes were made and at the moment I cannot connect to databases with toad but I can with oracle sql developer.

these 2 use same tns files.

has anybody met such kind of problem

Kind Regards

What changes have been made? Anything that affects the connection settings for Oracle Net?
    "My brain is just no good at being a relational Database - my relations suck real bad!"

Quote Originally Posted by freeBatjko
    What changes have been made? Anything that affects the connection settings for Oracle Net?
    I m not network expert but strangely I can connect with oracle but not with toad.

Kind Regards

Quote Originally Posted by sunsail
    I m not network expert but strangely I can connect with oracle but not with toad.

Kind Regards
    Ok, so the changes that were made, are not made on the database, but separately within the network?

More info is needed though...

Are you still connecting to the same database with both programs?
    What database is it (both programs can connect to more than one type of database)? I assume Oracle?

Can you maybe give us the exact connection settings each program is using (you can change the machine and database names for anonymity, if you want)?

What's the error message you are getting with Toad?
    "My brain is just no good at being a relational Database - my relations suck real bad!"

Quote Originally Posted by freeBatjko
    Ok, so the changes that were made, are not made on the database, but separately within the network?

More info is needed though...

Are you still connecting to the same database with both programs?
    What database is it (both programs can connect to more than one type of database)? I assume Oracle?

Can you maybe give us the exact connection settings each program is using (you can change the machine and database names for anonymity, if you want)?

What's the error message you are getting with Toad?

I can connect to databases with oracle sql developer but cannot with toad.
    there are several oracle databases.

how can I give those connection settings?

Kind Regards

Provided Answers: 1
    Are you using saved logon details? Or are you unable to connect even when using a 'new' logon?
    90% of users' problems can be resolved by punching them - the other 10% by switching off their PCs.

Quote Originally Posted by cis_groupie
    Are you using saved logon details? Or are you unable to connect even when using a 'new' logon?
    Thanks for help.Network expert solved the problem having done something with VPN.I am not a network expert

Best Regards