Unanswered: Form based on a query

Hello.
    I have created a form "Coating Weights" based off a query "Coating Weight Query". There are a few fields that perform simple calculations, such as SampleArea (which is [SampleLength x SampleWidth] ). I have a few questions about these types of fields.
    1. When you first open the form, all of the number fields displayed "0" before any data was ever entered into the form. I do not want these zeros to display EVER, unless someone actually types a 0. I looked at another forum regarding this situation and the solution was to set the Default Value to "null", which I did. However, this only works until you start entering data. For example, open the form and all fields are blank. Then I enter information into the "Date" field, then every number field changes to 0. How do I make these fields remain empty/null until someone actually types a number in them?
    2. As a result of the situation above, I have 2 fields that have a division calcluation in them, therefore resulting in the #Error being displayed. I feel like if the first situation is resolved, this situation will also be resolved. I believe it's an error resulting from dividing by 0.
    3. One of the fields I have "CoatingWeight" is a very simple subtraction field: [CoatedWeight - UncoatedWeight]. Both CoatedWeight and UncoatedWeight have their decimal places set to 4. However, when subtracting 49.8833-49.2527, Coating Weight displays 0.63060000001. I have tried setting this field CoatingWeight to 4 decimal places but it is ignoring me!!! LOL. Besides, where on earth did it get the additional 0000001???? Can someone help me fix this situation as well?
    Thanks!!!

Post the SQL from your query please - In query design view, click View > SQL and copy and paste the text.
    Windows Server 2003-8 / Terminal Services / SQL 2000 / Access 2003 / Office 2003-7 / Exchange 2003-7 / Blackberry Enterprise Server / AutoCAD / Lambert And Butler / Red Bull

SELECT [Coating Weights].[Work Request Number], [Coating Weights].[Sample Number], [Coating Weights].GaugeE1, [Coating Weights].GaugeC, [Coating Weights].GaugeE2, [Coating Weights].[E1CoatedWeight(a)], [Coating Weights].[E1UncoatedWeight(b)], [Coating Weights].[CCoatedWeight(f)], [Coating Weights].[CUncoatedWeight(g)], [Coating Weights].[E2CoatedWeight(h)], [Coating Weights].[E2UncoatedWeight(j)], [Coating Weights].[Coating Type], [Coating Weights].DateTested, [Coating Weights].[Tested By], [Coating Weights].Side, [E1CoatedWeight(a)]-[E1UncoatedWeight(b)] AS [E1ZnCoatingWeight(d)], [CCoatedWeight(f)]-[CUncoatedWeight(g)] AS [CZnCoatingWeight(e)], [E2CoatedWeight(h)]-[E2UncoatedWeight(j)] AS [E2ZnCoatingWeight(k)], ([E1ZnCoatingWeight(d)]+[CZnCoatingWeight(e)]+[E2ZnCoatingWeight(k)])/3 AS TripleSpot, [Coating Weights].SampleLengthin, [Coating Weights].SampleWidthin, [SampleLengthin]*[SampleWidthin] AS SampleAreain, [Coating Weights].SampleLengthmm, [Coating Weights].SampleWidthmm, [SampleLengthmm]*[SampleWidthmm] AS SampleAreamm, [Coating Weights].SampleCoatedWeight, [Coating Weights].SampleUncoatedWeight, (([SampleCoatedWeight]-[SampleUncoatedWeight])/[SampleAreain])*5.08 AS SampleZnCoatingWeightin, (([SampleCoatedWeight]-[SampleUncoatedWeight])/[SampleAreamm])*3280 AS SampleZnCoatingWeightmm
    FROM [Coating Weights];