Unanswered: node/instance question

we have existing structure for databases on our server:

the instances are under one directory - /home (this is where instances userids directories are):
    /home/db2v8i1/NODE0000
    /home/db2v8i1/sqllib
    /home/db2v8q1/sqllib
    /home/db2v8s1/sqlib

But databases are under another directory - /database :
    /database/db2v8i1/NODE000
    /database/db2v8i1/db2v8i1/NODE0000/
    [/SIZE][/FONT]

Is this a common practice? What are these /NODE0000 directories for? Are they created explicitly? Our dbs are not partitioned.
    DB2 9.5/9.7 on Unix/AIX 6.1/Linux

Provided Answers: 5
    Yes this is a common practice. You want you database on a separate file system (presumably one that is very fast). Just like you want you log files on a separate disk from the database. It gives better performance. The NODE0000 directories are created when you create the database. You will always get them as they are created by the DBM. It does not matter if you user DPF or not, even single partition DBs get them.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by ARWinner
    Yes this is a common practice. You want you database on a separate file system (presumably one that is very fast). Just like you want you log files on a separate disk from the database. It gives better performance. The NODE0000 directories are created when you create the database. You will always get them as they are created by the DBM. It does not matter if you user DPF or not, even single partition DBs get them.

Andy
    Thank you, Andy.
    DB2 9.5/9.7 on Unix/AIX 6.1/Linux