Unanswered: Online reservation app

Hi,
    Anyone can point me to a script with following functions:
    Intranet calendar where a registered user can book a laptop, beamer fotocamera etc ?
    Would be nice if an item is booked, it wouldn't show up in available list
    Also an (admin) overview of items not brought back in time would be great.

I know this is quite something I ask but he.. I give it a shot
    Tried several scripts I could find, but none of them are satisfying.
    Any tip is appreciated!
    Thanks

I don't have anything for you off the top of my head, but as i'm sure you're aware Google is your friend. If the freeware you have tried is under GPL then feel free to alter the code of it to achieve what you want.

It seems you're looking for some form of inventory calendar booking system, would that be a good guess?

Hi aschk,
    Wow! quikest reply ever, I think :-)
    You guessed right, I suppose.. problem is that I'm not that good in writing php. I can read most of it and alter here and there. I do have a script that is working, but there are some things missing;
    I really need an overview of items not brought back on time. Is it possible to hook such a function in? Probably depends on the script I guess.
    Then again, like I said, I can't write such an add-onn myself and I know most forum users don't want to write complete code, which is understandable..
    That gets me stuck a little I think..
    I you have any ideas, please let me know.

The purpose of the whole thing is not for myself, but for a school I work in the afternoon. I will post what script I have, so maybe someone wants to help us out and writes this addon.. we'll see.

This is the script I use: Welcome to Schoorbs
    Hope anyone wants to help me..

Yes, i see how it would be applied now...

So it's a booking system (sort of like a library) where people book out resources (e.g. overhead projector) and you want to assign times of usage to them, but you also want to be able to see who's running late or hasn't returned the item in question.

Assuming their DB structure is easy to understand there's no reason why you can't perform a SQL query to pull out the currently booked out items, and their due return time.
    I suspect however that you'll need some way to mark whether the item has been returned or not. This will act as the flag for your SQL query to pull entries that haven't been returned and are out of date, i.e. their period is over.

Having looked at it a bit more I see the complication, as a resource booking system it only have "areas" and "rooms" which by the sounds of it isn't quite what you want, you want "resources" where a resource is a book, or table, or overhead projector. Am I right?

Hi aschk,
    Yes, you're correct on most things, items are more like:

I am thinking of three categories:
    Camcorder, photo, other with items like, sony camcorder in cat. 1, beamer and laptops in cat 3 and so on.

Thanks so far!
    Appreciate it..