Unanswered: Subform Record Adjust with Form Record

I'm working in Access 2003. I have a form with multiple subforms. When I am working in the form - and I switch records, I would like the subform records to switch in unison. The form and subform records are linked through the same table.

Right now - when I scroll to switch records in one form from (for example) 1 to 30 the main form is on record 30 while the subforms are on record 1. How do I get them to all change records at the same time?

I have a limited knowledge of code.

Thanks for your help!
    Suz

Provided Answers: 6
    It should not require code. The subform control has master/child link properties you can set that should keep the two in sync.
    Paul

Thanks

Thanks - I read that in another posting. However, it also said something about how if the Form Master and Subform share the same Table child/master might not be an option. If that's wrong and it still is an option please let me know how I change change that. I've reviewed both the master form and subform properties and Child/Master is not listed as an option.

I'm not sure; it's never made sense to me to have them bound to the same table. What's the point? In any case, I said they are properties of the subform control, not the forms themselves. In other words, the container on the main form that holds the subform.
    Paul

The people I work for want everything to be searchable in one table. Is it possible to search/filter multiple tables in access? The limit access places on controls makes it hard to put everything I need on one form or in one table. But if it's not necessary I could figure out a way to avoid that.

Unless those people are competent database designers, they should tell you what the application needs to do, not how to do it. It is rare that a database could get by with one table, if properly designed. If you search on "normalization", you should see what I'm talking about. It would help to know the nature of your data, but my guess is it belongs in multiple tables.

On a related note, I think every time I've heard someone say that Access didn't let them have enough fields in a table, controls on a form, etc, it's been because the tables weren't normalized. Access is very good at working with normalized data. Like every other database program, it isn't good at working with un-normalized data.
    Paul

Thanks for your help. I've made a couple more tables and adjusted the child/master fields. I'll see how this works out. Thanks again.

No problem; welcome to the site by the way.
    Paul