, [Company Info].Company
    , ProductList.Product
    , ProductList.Purpose
    , ProductList.Target
    , ProductList.Units
    , ProductList.Employment
    , ProductList.[Special Notes]
    , ProductList.[Select]

FROM [Company Info] INNER JOIN ProductList ON [Company Info].Company = ProductList.Company

WHERE (((ProductList.Score)<=([Forms]![ClientInfo]![Score]))
    AND ((ProductList.Ranking)>=([Forms]![ClientInfo]![Ranking]))
    AND ((([ProductList].[Purpose])=[Forms]![ClientInfo]![Purpose] Or [Forms]![ClientInfo]![Purpose] Is Null)<>False)
    AND ((([ProductList].[Target])=[Forms]![ClientInfo]![Target] Or [Forms]![ClientInfo]![Target] Is Null)<>False)
    AND ((([ProductList].[Units])=[Forms]![ClientInfo]![Units] Or [Forms]![ClientInfo]![Units] Is Null)<>False)
    AND ((([ProductList].[Employment])=[Forms]![ClientInfo]![Employment] Or [Forms]![ClientInfo]![Employment] Is Null)<>False))

OR (((ProductList.Ranking)>=([Forms]![ClientInfo]![Ranking]))
    AND ((([ProductList].[Purpose])=[Forms]![ClientInfo]![Purpose] Or [Forms]![ClientInfo]![Purpose] Is Null)<>False)
    AND ((([ProductList].[Target])=[Forms]![ClientInfo]![Target] Or [Forms]![ClientInfo]![Target] Is Null)<>False)
    AND ((([ProductList].[Units])=[Forms]![ClientInfo]![Units] Or [Forms]![ClientInfo]![Units] Is Null)<>False)
    AND ((([ProductList].[Employment])=[Forms]![ClientInfo]![Employment] Or [Forms]![ClientInfo]![Employment] Is Null)<>False)
    AND (([Forms]![ClientInfo]![Score]) Is Null))

OR (((ProductList.Score)<=([Forms]![ClientInfo]![Score]))
    AND ((([ProductList].[Target])=[Forms]![ClientInfo]![Target] Or Forms]![ClientInfo]![Target] Is Null)<>False)
    AND ((([ProductList].[Units])=[Forms]![ClientInfo]![Units] Or [Forms]![ClientInfo]![Units] Is Null)<>False) AND ((([ProductList].[Employment])=[Forms]![ClientInfo]![Employment] Or [Forms]![ClientInfo]![Employment] Is Null)<>False)
    AND (([Forms]![ClientInfo]![Ranking]) Is Null))

OR (((([ProductList].[Purpose])=[Forms]![ClientInfo]![Purpose] Or [Forms]![ClientInfo]![Purpose] Is Null)<>False) AND ((([ProductList].[Target])=[Forms]![ClientInfo]![Target] Or [Forms]![ClientInfo]![Target] Is Null)<>False)
    AND ((([ProductList].[Employment])=[Forms]![ClientInfo]![Employment] Or [Forms]![ClientInfo]![Employment] Is Null)<>False)
    AND (([Forms]![ClientInfo]![Score]) Is Null)
    AND (([Forms]![ClientInfo]![Ranking]) Is Null))

(SELECT Max(Score) From ProductList WHERE Score<=(ProductList.Score) GROUP BY ProductList.Product)

ORDER BY ProductList.Score DESC , ProductList.Ranking DESC , [Company Info].Company;

Without the subquery, this performs perfectly. However, there are multiple records of the same product differing only in Score. I'm trying to use the subquery to only give the records that have a Score closest to the value entered on the form. When I try to run this query as it reads, I get "This expression is typed incorrectly, or it is too complex to be evaluated." Can anybody tell me how to fix this?

Help!!!

Sorry, I probably should have mentioned that each query works when run separately. The error only occurs when I insert the subquery. Where is the error? I've been trying anything I can think of, with no luck. So I would really appreciate any advice anyone can give me.

Thanks!!