Question Unanswered: DB2 WLM threshold definition

I have the following threshold defined in DB2 AIX 9.5.fp2a

CREATE THRESHOLD "TEST1"
    FOR DATABASE ACTIVITIES
    ENFORCEMENT DATABASE
    WHEN CONNECTIONIDLETIME > 5 MINUTES
    STOP EXECUTION;

What exactly will "STOP EXECUTION" do if the connection has already been idle for 5 minutes and still is idle? What will "stop executing"? Will the agent be disconnected from db?

Thx
    db2dummy1

I did a quick test. After 5 min, db2 will force the connection off the database.
    If you do "list applications", you will see that it's no longer there. Any idle connection that existed prior to creating the threshold will remain connected.

Red face

Not a single response to a basic WLM question!!? Looks like WLM is as popular as Query Patroller [now defunct] once was

Ahhhh, finally! One response from north of the border. Thanks. It does not work for me that way, but I will give it another shot.

I tested with fp2. Just make sure you don't execute any db2 commands (including list applications) using your "idle" connection.

Thumbs up

Hooray! It worked for me too! And now I know what the problem was -- if you define threshold when there are already connections on db, it does not work for those - only the ones established subsequent to threshold creation, or so it appears. Thanks again.