We inherited an in house database which uses Pervasive 2000i SP3 running on NT4 as a back end.

I'm more used to Postgresql running on Linux, so I may need help in posting all the relevant information.

Recently, the ODBC connectors stopped working (and the ones running on the host can't use ADO because I haven't got SP4).

Remote ODBC clients and local ones (ODBC Engine Interface) fail.

Trying to browse the Databases in Control Center produces "[Pervasive][Pervasive ODBC Client Interface][Pervasive ODBC Client Interface LNA]Connection attempt timed out. The SQL Connection Manager may be inactive or using a different transport protocol from the client."

Trying to look at the configuration of the engines in the ODBC Administrator (from control panel) produces "The setup routines for the Pervasive ODBC Engine Interface ODBC driver could not be found. Please reinstall the driver.".

An ASP script that uses it produces

"Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified"

netstat shows that both 3351 and 1058 are listening and there is no firewall configured.

PVSW.log consists of lots of lines stating Resources allocated and Resources released.

I have tried almost everything I can think of, on the weekend I will have some downtime with the server so can try uninstalling and reinstalling pervasive.

I don't know where to get SP4 or any of the Hotfixes, so I haven't tried that route yet.

According to my notes I also had these errors along the way (not sure where).

"Driver's ConfigDSN, ConfigDriver, or ConfigTranslator failed"
"The SQL Connection MAnager may be inactive or using a different transport"
"ODBC Error: SQLSTATE = 08S01, Native error code = 10013"

I am almost at wits end with this, any help would be greatfully received.