Thread: Web front end

Web front end

Greetings,

I am wondering if anyone can suggest a tool for designing web front ends for Access or SQL Server databases that is comparable in simplicity (both for design and implementation) to form design in Access.

At present, I'm using FileMaker Pro to design databases, and publish them to the web using its Instant Web Publishing feature. To its credit, IWP has been relatively simple to use. I design the layouts in FileMaker, store the database on FileMaker Server, and can access all of the layouts via FMP on the client desktop (useful for those who have the client installed) or web (for those who don't have FMP installed). But designing databases in FileMaker is driving me bonkers.

I work with Access and SQL Server as well (and like them a heckuva lot more), but I've never designed any web interfaces using either as a backend. Nothing I design is for more than 5-10 people, if that. Most tables will have at most a few hundred records, and at most 100 or so fields. The databases have low user volume, and are used for a few years, but my job revolves around doing this for many groups of people, and reusability isn't viable. Also, I have both Mac and Windows users, so solutions heavily dependent on IE aren't going to work.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Joel

what is your price range?

I don't have anything to do with the purse strings, so I'm not sure. Not knowing how much something would cost, I'd say under $250 would be ideal, $500 would really be pushing it.

i like dreamweaver for that range
    you could get a stripped down version of visual studio .net (that is what i like using)

Thank you for the suggestions. I'll take a look.