Unanswered: CPU statistic for the database level

Hi All!

i try to get CPU utilization at the database level. "System Monitor Guide and Reference" says:
    "CPU consumption is available at the application, transaction, statement, and subsection levels."

SNAPDB has no columns for CPU time.

Is where any snap or view with CPU statistic for the whole database from the start point till the current point in time? The Sum() for the applications is not representative because i need statistic from the database start.

If what you are really looking for is INSTANCE-level CPU measurement tool, then I know where you can find one, otherwise for "database"-level measurements you will have to use snapshot, which does not account for anything not directly related to agent - very rough approximation. Let me know.
    db2topgun.com

Quote Originally Posted by SuperKuper
    If what you are really looking for is INSTANCE-level CPU measurement tool, then I know where you can find one, otherwise for "database"-level measurements you will have to use snapshot, which does not account for anything not directly related to agent - very rough approximation. Let me know.
    Hi SuperKuper,

yes, I need CPU time for the instance level. I can't use snapshot SNAPDB because it has no CPU statistic.

For each of the processes, associated with the instance, keep track of CPU time, as reported by ps command. Get a list of all processes periodically, e.g. every minute, notice what new processes showed up and what old processes went away. For those processes that span checkpoints simply subtract starting CPU time from ending. This is clearly too much to do by hand. You can write a script to do this or use the one that comes with this package: http://db2topgun.com/dbapf5
    db2topgun.com