Unanswered: db2 consistency check failed for v8 backup in v9

hi,

I am trying to restore a db2 v8 backup image on db2 v9.5. It is failing on consistency check.

consistency check is ok on db2 v8. but the same image i have copied and check in v9.5. it is failed.

[1] Buffers processed: #ERROR: Tablespace container list checksum error detected against tablespace SYSCATSPACE,PoolID 0
    ERROR: Tablespace container list checksum error detected against tablespace TEMPSPACE1,PoolID 1
    ERROR: Tablespace container list checksum error detected against tablespace USERSPACE1,PoolID 2
    ERROR: Tablespace container list checksum error detected against tablespace SYSTOOLSPACE,PoolID 4

v8.2, aix 5.1

v9.5 aix 5.1

do i need to use any other lib files

ex:
    db2ckbkp -cl <lib path >

pls advice.

sanjai

AFAIK, if 8.2 db2ckbkp is successful, then it OK ...

Cheers
    Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Dear Sathya,

Thanks for your reponse. Is there any other way, that we can check the consistency of the v8.2 backup in v9.5.

because we may be completely migrating to v9.5. In case if we want to check any 8.2 backup consistency for restoration, which option we need to use.

ex: db2ckbkp -cl <libpath>

kindly advice

sanjai

As a quick fix procedure you can try the following steps -

-Migrate all ddl's using db2look command
    -Migrate the data using db2move command

Though I would be much interested in the solution for the backup & restore option
    IBM Certified Database Associate, DB2 9 for LUW

I had same problem last week - had a db backuped in v8.2. Before restoring in v9.5 I decided to do backup check and found those errors. I was told to not to worry abt it as long as restore works. So I did the restore in v9.5 and it worked fine.
    DB2 9.5/9.7 on Unix/AIX 6.1/Linux

The backup formats and contents might change over time. db2ckp understands only the current version. That's why you cannot use 9.5's db2ckp with 8.2 backup

Cheers
    Sathy
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.