Unanswered: Conditional Expression

Good afternoon!

I am using Access 2003 and I am kind of stuck on how I should approach a situation.

I am working with employee schedules and I have a start time for each day of the week the employee works. I need to break out the schedules by start hour (it seems simple enough) but I get hung up when there are different start times on different days.

For example, Johny works 9-5 on mon, 10-6 on tues, 12-8 on wed, and 12-8 on thurs. For this example, i would want to count johny's weekly schedule as 12-8 for all days of the days. I am trying to create something that identifies the start time that occurs most often during the week for a given employee. I am not sure where to start.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Drew

ok, so I have gotten to a situation which is more managable for me to explain.

I have a schedule id, number of days scheduled for each start hour, and a schedule start hour.

I need to retrieve each schedule id with the start hour that has the max number of days scheduled. I tried using the max function with no success.

I am even going about this in the right way?

THanks
    Drew

I'm not quite sure how you're intending to use this information or where it goes, but if I understand correctly, I would be looking at using a SELECT query with the Count() function, along with a TOP clause. Hope that gives you a good start.
    Me.Geek = True