Unanswered: HADR - How to update DB CFG

Hi,
    Version 8.2 pf 12

We have setup the HADR and it is in place now.

I have to change the DB CFG LOGPRIMARY and LOGSECOND values. When i updated the LOGPRIMARY value to 40, the db2 state that until restart the DB2 the change will not be affected.

if i restart the DB2, will this effect the HADR? if it is then how can I resume the HADR? Do i need to setup the HADR from the bigining including Restore?

Please give me your suggestions.

Thanks.

Did it say db2 restart or all connections to the database are removed?

You should be able to deactivate the database, db2 force all applications, and then activate it again. If that does not work, deactivate the database, db2stop, activate db.

You will have to do this independently for primary and server since those settings don't get replicated.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Hadr

Hi,

It says restart DB2.

To restart DB2, i have to force all applications. My concern is, when i force all applications then issuing DB2STOP and DB2START command, will this kill the HADR ?
    When I issue DB2START,the wll the HADR resume automatically? or I have to setup the HADR again from the begining?

Thanks,

I understood the question and already gave the answer. Based on my experience with HADR in V9.5 you will not have to setup HADR again from the begining. I doubt that there is any difference with 8.2 but I don't have a server to try it on. Only do one server at a time.
    Last edited by Marcus_A; 02-17-09 at 13:46.
    M. A. Feldman

Question Hadr

Thanks Marcus.

I am going to try this soon.
    Incase if i want to start HADR from the begining, the entire process will take more than 12 hours and this will affect the SLA.
    DB Size is over 500GB

Also when HADR in place, is it possible to do offline backup? what action i have to do before and after the backup please?

Thanks, dgunas

Quote Originally Posted by dgunas
    Thanks Marcus.

I am going to try this soon.
    Incase if i want to start HADR from the begining, the entire process will take more than 12 hours and this will affect the SLA.
    DB Size is over 500GB

Also when HADR in place, is it possible to do offline backup? what action i have to do before and after the backup please?

Thanks, dgunas
    You cannot do an offline backup with HADR in peer state, but if you deactivate the database and force off all connections, it might work (I have not tried it).

Just remember to activate the database again after the deactivate (for backup or after instance restart).

It might be a good idea to create a test database to try this on.
    M. A. Feldman

Thanks

Thanks Marcus. I will try to setup a test env.

Regards, dgunas