Thread: NewBie in DB2

Unanswered: NewBie in DB2

hi guys,I am a newbie in DB2.
    i have a prior knowledge of Oracle SQL queries.
    i want to do the certification in DB2,for that i know i have to take 000-730 test first which is fundamentals.
    can anyone provide me the study material for this and dumps.

Thanx
    Please don't spam!

Remember one thing... there is no use of passing an exam just for the sake of it... when you do 000-730 or 731 for that matter, people expect a certain level of knowledge on the subject / domain for that matter.... and if you show your ignorance on the matter when someone knows that you are certified then they'll know for sure that you have passed just by referring dumps...
    IBM Certified Database Associate, DB2 9 for LUW

i know bro..i have started working on a project on DB2 itself..thats why i want to do certification in DB2.
    Please don't spam!

I have started with this book

"Oracle to DB2 Conversion Guide for Linux, UNIX, and Windows"

IBM Redbooks | Oracle to DB2 Conversion Guide for Linux, UNIX, and Windows

Then you can dip into DB2 easily.

There are certification guides (e.g. books) that you can purchase at Amazon or some other bookstore.
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development

Isn't here anyone who already had those books.
    because these books can b found for free also but requires time to search (the only thing that i dont have) and i dont want to spend too much of money it too..
    Please don't spam!

Quote Originally Posted by tukyunaaya
    but requires time to search (the only thing that i dont have) and i dont want to spend too much of money it too..
    Certifications do cost money and involves efforts.... save both of em as well by not giving the exam....

c dude u dont getting me..i have the guides require for the certification
    i am studying on my own.i have to work 6 days a week..12 hrs daily
    you think i can go for coaching ? NO..
    for certification i have to give exam and spent 5000 bucks,that is MANDATORY..but if i can save some money by choosing to spend some time on internet and search for free ebooks then whats the harm ??
    the only thing i am saying that i am new in DB2..i have all the required material for ORacle 10g coz i spent time when i actually had..but now due to job i dont get time to devote in searching..i am asking this much help from you guys that if anyone can provide me e books for certification.

if any of you guys cant even do this for me then just say that you dont provide such things.its simple..
    an efforts i am putting by spending 2 hours(on top of 12 hrs) daily but i all i want is that my efforts dont go in vein,i want the material i study shud b spot on for certification

m i asking MUCH ???
    Please don't spam!

Sorry

[QUOTE=tukyunaaya]i am studying on my own.i have to work 6 days a week..12 hrs daily
    QUOTE]

Sorry my friend, still you have 12hrs X 6 days and 1 full day.
    If you use 10% from this, you can get through the certification soon.

dgunas

thanx dgunas
    i am wiling to give even 20% of that time..no issues with that,.but i am asking for the correct material to study..which is designed for the certification.
    i think you guys are not getting me..or m not able to make u understand..and during this..i have been taken wrong
    Please don't spam!

Let me close on this thread here.....

1. No one is going to provide you pdf's of books here. You need to BUY them from a store.
    2. No one will supply you dumps here, bcoz we don't recommend that.
    3. Test preparation details are quite cleary mentioned here IBM: Test 000-730: DB2 9 Family Fundamentals
    4. Certification books which you may need to BUY is available here IBM Software - Certification Guides - Information Management Books

Hope that clears out all your doubts.

yeah..
    thanx a lot
    Please don't spam!

One last thing: It is rather rude to abbreviate words when you type, e.g. "u" instead of "you" and so on. I recommend that you try to adopt a clear and not-so-lazy style and that will be much appreciated in the future. (I'm always asking myself in such situations "why should I answer if the writer doesn't even bother to spend some time and effort on the question itself?")

Just my 2 cents...
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development

k...
    thanks for pointing.i am trying o follow the rules which you have mentioned,and will take care of it.
    Please don't spam!