Smile Oracle DBA beautiful Charlotte, NC

Oracle DBA contract job opening in beautiful Charlotte, NC
    Project Title: - DB Upgrade -

Client Industry: - Banking

Position: Sr DBA
    Start Date: 2/22/09 (asap)
    Length of Assignment: (include if straight contract or contract to hire) 6 months (may extend based on merger)
    Rate: (needs to be competitive with local market)

Project Description: automating manual processes, doing clones, database and application patch analysis and installation, doing application and or database upgrades, identifying, researching and fixing application related issues, researching, documenting, and implementing new functionality. Seeking an experienced Oracle DBA who specializes in tuning Oracle 10g databases and SQL code in an Oracle Applications 11i environment running on a UNIX platform. Must have recent proven experience managing and maintaining all components of the Oracle Applications environment including the concurrent manager, Apache, workflow mailer, forms and mobile server. Previous experience upgrading 9i databases to 10g is required. Candidate should be experienced writing and maintaining Unix and PL/SQL code. The successful candidate should be a proven problem solver and a team player who can function on their own or with minimal supervision. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Needs the ability to mentor Junior Level DBAs.

Current Oracle Certifications and experience translating business requirements into technical requirements are desired.

Previous experience with Oracle 10g/11g RAC, Oracle Applications 12i, or performing SQL Server 2000 to 2005 Upgrades are a plus.

Database Responsibilities are as follows, but not limited to: Database backup and recovery, implementation and support of database standards and compliance items, proactive monitoring, installation of DBMS software and maintenance, database performance and tuning including recommending indexing strategies and identifying data compression opportunities, development support through the life cycle of applications, capacity planning, database security, and providing production and on call support.

Application Responsibilities are as follows, but not limited to: automating manual processes, doing clones, database and application patch analysis and installation, doing application and or database upgrades, identifying, researching and fixing application related issues, researching, documenting, and implementing new functionality.

Job Desc: DBA -
    Required Skills: Oracle DBA who specializes in tuning Oracle 10g databases and SQL code in an Oracle Applications 11i environment running on a UNIX platform. Must have recent proven experience managing and maintaining all components of the Oracle Applications environment including the concurrent manager, Apache, workflow mailer, forms and mobile server. Previous experience upgrading 9i databases to 10g is required. Candidate should be experienced writing and maintaining Unix and PL/SQL code. The successful candidate should be a proven problem solver and a team player who can function on their own or with minimal supervision. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Needs the ability to mentor Junior Level DBAs.

Desired Skills: Current Oracle Certifications and experience translating business requirements into technical req -

Additional Information: great team, nice environment

Budgeted: (in IQN?) Yes - verbally approve - in IQN process
    Why Open: New upgrade; Submittal Process: (IQN, email to manager, both) -Both; Hiring Process: (phone interview, face-to-face, panel, etc.) -Phone; Consideration/Competition: - very good - in IQN; Interview Timeslots: (be specific with date/times), tbd; Qualified/Non-Qualified: Q; Additional Selling Points: (that you would not necessarily email to the candidate) ; Technology Description if applicable: UNIX Environment

Thank you for your interest and response,

Oracle DBA position

Garry,

I would like to know if the consultant needs to reside in the area where the location is posted, or if weekly commuting from the consultant's base to the customer locations is also an option.

Regards
    Fernando Rodriguez
    Cell (305) 439.4088
    fernandorodriguezt@gmail.com

Wink Oracle DBA

It realy depend on the client. Let's get a resume over to the client as quick as possible. Then We can see what's type of setup we can handle.

Thanks so much for taking time to talk with me

As requested please see attached my resume
    Attached Files Attached Files

Angry Seeking DBA (Oracle and SQL Server exp) Chicago, IL

Duration: 6-12 months

50/50 Oracle - SQL exp. DBA role will be doing security changes on many Oracle / SQL Servers. Please have the candidates' list security and patching experience for both Oracle and SQL Server.

Resume must clearly articulate the size of the environments - both # of databases supported as well as size, SQL Servers instances and how many Oracle instances for the past 2 years. If they have not been responsible for 50 or more databases at one time, do not submit them. They will be solely responsible for 50+ db's in this position and if they haven't worked with that many in the past, they will not be able to keep up here. Resume must clearly articulate substantial SQL Server work as well as Oracle work. Stating SQL Server as a 'skill' is NOT sufficient. Work with both SQL Server and Oracle must be current - i.e. within the last 2 years.
    Location is in downtown Chicago, candidates will need to be living in the Chicago area for the duration of the project. Local candidates HIGHLY preferred!
    Oracle/SQL Server DBA. This isn't for a specific project. It is production support work for existing databases and applications. So we need someone who has experience doing base support, as opposed to project work. Day to day phone calls and email requests, enhancements and table changes, production to test refreshes, things that are broken and need to be fixed, enhancing existing UNIX monitoring scripts, etc.
    . SQL Server DBA skills - installing SQL server, backup and recovery, performance and tuning.
    . Oracle DBA skills - Oracle 9 required, 10g nice to have.
    . Support for oracle on Unix / Intel (AIX, HP, Windows).
    . Unix korn shell scripting for monitoring oracle.
    . Oracle backup and recovery using RMAN.
    . Oracle performance and tuning.
    . Oracle installs and upgrades - patching.
    . Oracle proactive monitoring.
    . Oracle database design.
    . Oracle utilities like export / import for complicated database refreshes.
    . Perl skills - familiarity with perl - we are using it to monitor SQL server.
    Must be a clear communicator - we do tons of conference calls with clients - must be easy to understand. Must be able to juggle multiple priorities and clients at once - I can't stress this enough. We have replaced 3 people because they said they could do this and they couldn't. Must be a self starter who takes initiative. Be able to do 24x7 support. Must be able to troubleshoot system problems and work quickly to resolve system outages the problem. Excellent communication skills. Ability to work within a large and diverse team in many different cities. Must be able to communicate effectively with different teams and provide courteous customer service. Must be able to achieve results with little supervision. Must be willing to persevere until problems are resolved and seek help from team members when appropriate - 'can do' attitude. Must comply with company policies on change approvals.

Optional but nice to have:
    . DB2/UDB DBA
    . Teradata DBA
    . Veritas NetBackup experience
    . HP Openview experience
    . HP Perf View and/or Glance
    . Linux experience

Required Skills:
    - 3+ years experience as SQL Server and Oracle DBA.
    - 2+ years of Microsoft analysis services and Microsoft reporting services.
    - 2+ years Oracle DBA, SQL Server DBA, Unix shell scripting (AIX and HP), Intel Experience, Oracle Backup and Recovery using RMAN, Oracle Performance and Tuning
    Duration: 6-12 months

Thank You for the feedback information

Gary,

I do not have SQL Server experience to be considered an expert or advance.

I had supported in the pass an environment with 20 Databases, which sizes did range from 25GB up to 500GB. This environment was a production support, not an implementation environment.

Regards
    Fernando