Hi! Problem with Excel - footnotes? :-(

Hi guys,

I'm currently creating a database for a linguistics paper that I'm writing, but I hit a snag.

Two questions if I may wrack your brains:
    1. Does anyone know of any way which I can convert cell comments in Excel to numbered, consecutive footnotes when I print?
    2. If not, is there a program out there like Excel, but that can create footnotes?

I've been using Excel because it's simple to use, and does what I want - ie simple filters and have all the info infront of me. I don't really care what the databse UI (?) itself is like (as long as I can see it all at once like Excel), I just need it to look like a simple MS Word table + footnotes when it comes out. I really need it to create/update the footnote numbers automatically (exactly like Word) because of the number of them, but I also need to be able to use the filters of Excel (unlike word).

Double Edit: Essentially the same question was asked here with no answer, and this is no good as the pop-ups get in the way in the first method, and the way to find the footnotes in the second method would be too slow.

Thanks heaps for any help,
    Last edited by pwaryuex; 02-25-09 at 06:38.