Unanswered: ODBC link tables not working

Hi,

I just received a new laptop and installed MS-Access 2003 for an application we run. However now when I try to 'link table' using the ODBC option, after I click on the ODBC type the screen just returns to MS Access without asking for the database that I want to link to...so a new table in DB2 that I am trying to get access to is not linkable. (all this worked on the old/dead laptop)
    I am able to connect to the DB2 database and refresh the current linked tables just not add a new one. Ideas?

Thanks

Just a quick thought; Have you set up the DSN in the ODBC administrator? I'm assuming you have since you can refresh the tables. Again, another assumption is that your database login has permissions to the new table.

Sorry I can't think of any more, good luck.
    Stu
    --If its free, take it for what its worth!

Stu, thanks for the thoughts....in this case everything worked fine on my old laptop but not on the new one so I assume it is some Access setting or service that is different but I have no idea where. Brent

Check your MDAC on the new laptop. This is the source of establishing connections to other tables/files in other db's via ODBC. It's usually installed when you install MSAccess/Office but you can install it separately. Go to Microsoft's website to download the latest version (I believe it's a free download.) Also make sure the MDAC versions on all your computers are the same as sometimes different MDAC versions can affect what you're trying to do.
    Last edited by pkstormy; 02-28-09 at 22:16.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)