Unanswered: How to use db2 table from multiple program at a same time

My Db2 table is accessed and updated from a large number of programs daily and because of that table got deadlocks on a daily basis. Can any one explain me how can I resolve this issue, what are the possible solution to prevent it from deadlock and also in order to improve access time of table.

Provided Answers: 11
    deadlocks are caused by bad programming
    avoid deadlocks by use of regular commit or select for update to acquire higher lock level
    maybe row locking of tablespace could help for this specific ts
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Practical Scenario

Actually the above DB2 table was defined long year back and then release by release new programs used the same table for there processing and this is becoming further exacerbated with new releases putting even greater pressure on this table. Do we have possible solution to prevent it from deadlock and also in order to improve access time of table.

I'd first check if there are any lock escalations reported and what the locktimeout db cfg is set to. Then, go to deadlock event monitor (
    db2detaildeadlock is created by default for every db).