Exclamation Unanswered: import a csv file into multiple mysql tables

Is there any way that I can import one .csv file and then distribute its contents into multiple tables?

create a temporary table, import your csv there and then update the multiple tables from that.

thanks

Will try that and tell you if I succeed..

Will try that and tell you if I succeed
    You didn't provide any feedback on your previous thread regarding malnourished children.

here's the thing, my csv file has around 150++ columns which would be divided into around 30 tables in mysql..

i need to use a browse button in the site to import the csv file into mysql..

i have no idea how i'm going to do it..

sorry, its really my first time to use mysql and php...

Quote Originally Posted by mustlovechocolate
    here's the thing, my csv file has around 150++ columns which would be divided into around 30 tables in mysql..

i need to use a browse button in the site to import the csv file into mysql..

i have no idea how i'm going to do it..
    You could just set up a "transfer" table with those 150 columns. Then load the CSV data directly into this table and then process the data from there.

Then for each of the tables in your database that gets it's data from the CSV file you could just insert any new records that appear in the transfer table that you don't already have. You'll probably want to do an update to existing data if their fields have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by mustlovechocolate
    sorry, its really my first time to use mysql and php
    Could you not use what ever languages you are familiar with rather than trying to implement a new system using tools you're new to?

unfortunately, i can't..because its a project for school..