Unanswered: Could see the IQ Database in Replication System

Hi All,

I am new to the Replication System.

I have setup the Replication System between 2 Replication Servers successfully .

I am replicating the data from ASE to IQ.

I am using two Replication Servers for this replication. When I setup the Replication System all my servers are in active state. I can able to see the databases from the ASE Server but i am not able to see the databases from the IQ and because of it not able to relicate the data.

Is there any solution for this?

Regards,
    Sandeep Patil

The question you asked is not clear. Please rephrase the question with appropriate errors and commands where possible. Have you done all the steps required for setup according to Install/Setup manual?

Also, please be aware that ASE - IQ replication (transaction log replication) is not a real good design as IQ is more batch based and any transaction based replciation will kill it. So, you might want to re-think your options.

HI trvishi,

Actually i am replicating the data from ASE to IQ, both are on different servers.

I tried to create the enviornment through the Sybase Central, in this it is showing the state of all the servers as active.

But when i tried to configure the environment, i am not able to see the database from the IQ server.

The details are,

ASE Server:- SYBASEREP
    ASE Database:- IQ_Test

IQ Server:- tssr0005_FundsRSTest
    IQ Database:- FundsRSTest

I tried to manually create the setup through the command prompt, but while creating the subscription, i was getting the error,

"Logical connection to 131 currently does not have an active connection. Can not create subscription"

can you please tell me what is the solution for this.

Regards,
    Sandeep

I think theres something really wrong in your setup. First of all a warmstandby setup is not possible between ASE and IQ.

Have you ever done a normal replication setup before ASE - ASE table level ?

Can you paste the admin who output here.

Hi,

Yes u are right that warm standby is not possible between ASE and IQ. That's why i also confused.

Yes i have successfully setup the replication system between ASE to ASE and it is still working fine without any problem.

Now i am trying to replicate the data from ASE to IQ.

Here i have installed ASE and Replication Server on one machine and IQ and second Replication server on other machine.

The steps i have done for setting up the Replication System are,
    1) Created the connection between ASE Server and ASE Database
    2) Created the connection between IQ Server and IQ Database
    3) Created the Replication Definition in primary Replication Server
    4) Created the Direct Route between Primary and Replicate Replication Server
    5) Created the Subscription in Replicate Replication Server

In all above steps i didtnot get any error.

Please tell me where i was going wrong.

Regards,
    Sandeep Patil