Unanswered: Good books to learn Access from?

I am making my first attempt at making a database from scratch and I have some pretty lofty goals for what I would like it to do. I am looking for some type of book or online tutorial that will take me beyond the basics. It would need to be something that is more specific to Access 97, which is what I will be working in. I do have experience with reworking existing databases, but have only had limited success on getting more complex things to work. Any literature or sites that might be helpful would be appreciated.

Provided Answers: 59
    the only book I tend to recommend is the Access Developers Handbook, but it may be too weighty for what you want.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

O'Reilly makes a book which may be a good start for you... "Access Database Design and Programming". If you don't know how to use Access that well, maybe a MS Step-By-Step book also?

Thanks for the suggestion Grafixx. I'm ordering it now from amazon. I believe I have enough of a background for it. It seems like I do based on the reviews. I'll reply to this thread and let you know how it works out.

No problem. Let us know how it works out for you.