Unanswered: Automatic Maintenance Parameters – ON for Runstats and Reorg but doesn’t Work

Hi All,
    When I check my DB CFG parameters for Auto Maintenance for my Database. The Auto_Runstats and Auto_Reorg are turned ON for all the databases. But, when I am checking the statistics manually using the command: db2 “select stats_time, card, from syscat.tables where tabschema = ‘schema name’”. I am not getting the latest statistics time. And as per the performance issues from the application team I am again running the runstats manually.

So, can anyone please help me regarding this issue? Like, I want to check that for what time are these runstats and reorg scheduled daily? And even if the DB CFG parameters shows on why they are not running. How can I check these like? I need to work them properly for all the databases. Please help me what should I do.

DB2 Version: DB2 v9.1.0.5

OS Version: AIX 5.3

Thanks
    Raja.

Provided Answers: 1

There have been several APAR's with auto maintenance. Try the latest fixpack.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Thanks Nick and Mark ...very useful information..

Quote Originally Posted by db2raja
    Hi All,
    When I check my DB CFG parameters for Auto Maintenance for my Database. The Auto_Runstats and Auto_Reorg are turned ON for all the databases. .
    the db cfg follows a tree structure and hence if AUTO_TBL_MAINT is OFF both AUTO_RUNSTATS and AUTO_REORG will be considered off even if they are set to ON.

Similarly if AUTO_MAINT is set to OFF then automatic maintenance itself is considered OFF even if you have set all the below parameters to ON
    IBM Certified Database Associate, DB2 9 for LUW

Provided Answers: 11
    and even Health_mon at instance level should be on..
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Hi Nick,
    the parameters AUTO_TBL_MAINT and AUTO_MAINT are both ON...

Thanks

Thanks PRZYTULA guy ...I can see that Health_mon is OFF for all the instances that are handling databases...Thanks for your help..hope now it works..

But my management says that I should not turn ON the Health_mon at instance level..
    Guyzz..any other solution..

I want to check that for what time are these runstats and reorg scheduled daily?
    Depends upon whether you have setup an automatic maintenance window or not.

And even if the DB CFG parameters shows on why they are not running. How can I check these like?
    did you check the stats in SYSTOOLS.HMON_ATM_INFO
    IBM Certified Database Associate, DB2 9 for LUW

Thanks guyz..for the replies