Unanswered: Converting Paradox DOS to Windows

My company has finally made the decision to hurl themselves into the 21st Century and convert our legacy database application from Paradox DOS 4.5 to the Windows Version 10. Yeah!

I'm trying to determine if the Scripts BeginRecord and Editor functions in the DOS version has similar functionality in the Windows version. If yes, where do I find it? The Help function has not been all that helpful.

Thank you to anyone who can help me.

moving from PdoxDOS to ANY windows platform is a complete re-write, from the ground up, not a "conversion".. you can use the tables, and the QBE theory, but that's it.. the "instant script" function doesn't exist there..

and, to be honest, if you're finally moving to a modern platform, it shouldn't be PdoxWIN, which has also been a dead platform for almost a decade..
    --
    Steven Green - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

http://www.OasisTradingPost.com

Oasis Trading Post
    - Collectibles and Memorabilia
    - Vintage Lego Sets and Supplies
    - and Paradox Support, too

Thanks for the info, Steve! You confirmed what I did suspect but wasn't sure.

Unfortunately, I was not a part of the decision-making process and am not in the driver's seat on this project. I'm just the worker bee that has to make it work.

Thanks again!

Lightbulb Why rebuild the whole system from the ground up?!

You should try working with the DOS version on new computers. There's a solution for all the DOS on Windows related problems, called Exdos:
    Tao Computing Solutions
    Try it...

Why rebuild the whole system from the ground up?!

because there is no support for the old DOS apps.. doesn't matter if your commercial-spam product will keep the old DOS apps running, because most of them run fine on XP/Vista/7, just the way they are.. the problem is SUPPORT.. and there is nothing that your commercial-spam presentation can do to cure that..
    --
    Steven Green - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

http://www.OasisTradingPost.com

Oasis Trading Post
    - Collectibles and Memorabilia
    - Vintage Lego Sets and Supplies
    - and Paradox Support, too