Unanswered: How to filter Profiler on ObjectName in 2005?

We have to be missing something simple, because we are unable to filter on an object name. Is this possible in 2005? You can do this in 2000. All we want to do is trace all activity accessing two tables.

We are selecting SQLtmtStating and SQL:BatchStarting and filtering on ObjectName.

Thanks, Dave
    Last edited by DBADave; 03-03-09 at 19:05.

Yah - you just need to ensure you have ticked "show all columns" before filtering - this gives you the full list of columns to filter on.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

We did that. It didn't work. Are you sure this works for you? Our only filters are the default one that SQL Server has to filter Profiler under "Applications" and then the ObjectName filter. We have also tried ObjectId. No luck. We found out last month you can't use DatabaseName to filter on a DatabaseName because any fully qualified query will not show up. Now we are wondering if ObjectName is a useless filter.

Ah - I see. I thought you could not find it rather than it did not work for you. TBH then I don't know - I have never tried to limit to an object. Sorry.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump

Hang on a second - what events are you looking at?
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump