Thread: Opening Cursors

Thumbs down Unanswered: Opening Cursors

Dear Friends ,

I am creating one DB2 procedure which contains 3 cursors . Now at the end of procedure i am opening all these cursors one by one.

OPEN CURSOR1;
    OPEN CURSOR2;
    OPEN CURSOR3;

When i execute this procedure i expect the resultset from the last cursor in the opened list(CURSOR3), but I am getting the resultset from the first opened cursor alone . Please suggest me whether all the cursors have opened in this case or only the first cursor has opened

Provided Answers: 11
    have you defined the cursors with return - created proc with x resultsets...
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Yes i defined procedure for 3 resultsets

DYNAMIC RESULT SETS 3

The question was how exactly you declared the cursors. Do you use the WITH RETURN TO CALLER or WITH RETURN TO CLIENT clause for all 3 of them?

Could you reduce the SP code to still exhibit the problem and then post it here?
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development