Question Unanswered: Please help with this code!

I am having a problem with some code and I'm getting a Run-time error 13 "Type Mismatch" This database is for clients and such, and the button that gets this error is the one where I would like to "Discharge" a selected person out of the program.

I am no good at access as you can probably tell. This is the code where it stops and the stars indicate the line it gets stuck at in the debugger. Im not sure what needs to be added or taken away.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Private Sub Command9_Click()
    Dim thisClient As Object

Set thisClient = New Client
    thisClient.ClientId = Me.id

thisClient.Discharge Me.Dischage_date, "Discharged", Me.DischargeReason, Me.Discharge_Disposition ****
    DoCmd.Close
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this is not that clear, my apologies, If I didn't provide enough info then tell me some more info you might need. A picture is attached as well.

Thank you in advance.

- Jeff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails database.JPG  

Provided Answers: 59
    what object is:thisClient.Discharge
    what do you think
    Code:
    thisClient.Discharge Me.Dischage_date, "Discharged", Me.DischargeReason, Me.Discharge_Disposition ****
    should be doing?

type mismatch (usually) means you are attempting to assign the wrong datatype to a column or control.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Looks to me like your predecessor wrote a bespoke client class and this code is calling a method of that class. I am afraid this is bad news for you going forward - this person was more sophisticated a programmer than the average Access developer. You should explain to your boss that maintaining and developing this database will likely be a steep learning curve.

You should look for a code module (specifically a class) called "Client" and find a sub called "Discharge" and post the first few lines of this.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

In fact, much easier than browsing around - right click the line "thisClient.Discharge ...." and select "Definition"
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump

When I select definition for the "thisClient.Discharge" line and select definition, it highlights 3 lines up the words "thisClient" are selected. Thats all it does.

Today I tried a copy of this database saved elsewhere, and when I click on discharge, it gets "run-time error 424" "Object required" instead of Run-time error 13.

In that case, please right click on the bold bit below and select definition:
    Code:
    Set thisClient = New Client
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump

ok, once I do that, it says" identifier under cursor is not recognized"

In the VBA window, please can you tick Tools -> References and list everything ticked?
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump

I dont know if its me or what but references is grayed out.

Are you able to upload what you have? Make sure there is no data in of course. Or at least, could you send a screen shot of "greyed out" references box? New one on me, that.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump

I can't even get into the references from tools, its greyed out on the intial dropdown when you click tools. I have a Access guru coming in later today to try and fix it, but if he cant ill be back on here.
    Ill post again though to tell what he found and stuff. Thanks for trying to help pootle flump, and healdem, its greatly appreciated!!