Post A database to track employee training in access

My graduation project will be a database to track employee training in access.
    I want to know the following:

-The functionality of this database.
    -what tables I'm going to need?
    -what fields I have to put in each table?

If you have any experience in this please help me.

Thanks

Would you like me to print off my work and bind it for you?
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Are you seeking experience in the tracking of employee training, or experience in translating requirements into a table design? The former might be a more acceptable request, but won't necessarily get an answer in this forum. The latter is "what you are supposed to be graduating in" and so it would be inappropriate for us to feed you answers.

Wink I have a similar question...

I work in Human Resources and am seeking a nice customizable template to track employee training courses, licenses, and certifications. I'm trying to create one myself in MS Access but I'm starting to realize that I may be trying to bite off more than I can chew. Our payroll system is capable of doing this but is an utter nightmare to work with. Any guidance will be incredibly appreciated.

- I promise I'm not trying to get anyone to do my homework

Sacha, yes you are probably biting off more than you can chew.
    Just as you would not expect someone from the IT staff to be able to step in and quickly understand all the legal and procedural intricacies of HR work, you cannot expect to quickly understand all the technical and design intricacies of application development.
    You are either going to have a LONG learning curve ahead of you (and I assume your primary job responsibility is HR, not IT), or you should find someone else who can develop this for you quickly and, in the end, more cheaply.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

What payroll system are you using?

Why are you trying to track this information? There may be all kinds of ramifications and arcane issues that aren't obvious that may be what is causing the heartburn while trying to use the payroll system. If you are tracking this information for legislative compliance, then you need to know and meet all of their requirements and that might be the underlying problem (meaning that the payroll system is only as complex as it needs to be to address the legal requirements, so your system would have to be just as complex to meet the same requirements).

How will a system that you create do the job better than one you have already paid for and we presume meets the legal requirements for tracking that information? What do you expect your system to do or not do that will make it better than the existing payroll system?

-PatP

Quote Originally Posted by Sacha_S
    I work in Human Resources and am seeking a nice customizable template to track employee training courses, licenses, and certifications. I'm trying to create one myself in MS Access but I'm starting to realize that I may be trying to bite off more than I can chew. Our payroll system is capable of doing this but is an utter nightmare to work with. Any guidance will be incredibly appreciated.

- I promise I'm not trying to get anyone to do my homework
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

My graduation project will be a database to track employee training in access.
    I want to know the following:

-The functionality of this database.
    -what tables I'm going to need?
    -what fields I have to put in each table?
    Do you intend putting in any work yourself on your graduation project or are you planning more on simply collating all the input from these guys? If you've bitten off more than you can chew then simply document what you could do, what you couldn't, what the difficulties were and what you've learnt. Getting these guys to do your project for you is simply cheating.

Eh Mike... You missed a meeting.

Post #4 revived a thread a few months old with different, but somewhat related content.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

No one sent me a memo

Wow, this thread hurts my head a little. When reading through I missed the memo too.