Unanswered: Totalling Groups into a Group

Writing a multi-level BOM report using CR v2008 and a Peachtree 2009 database. Each sub-assembly level is a different group and I need to add all group footer totals from sub-assemblies and display that total in another group (the finished goods). There are 3 levels of sub-assemblies and each level may have multiple group footer totals. The formulas are not in details, only group footers. Have tried Running Total, Manual Running Total, and Sums. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

If I understand your question correctly what I think you need to do is this.
    Try creating a Set of shared variables to total to the main report. you will need a function for each on both the on the main and sub reports that declares the same variable name for each thing you want to total. If you ever need to reset them just create a separate function to declare the shared var and set it equal to zero and put it in a group header. To display the totals you need yet another formula. Just re-declare the same shared var again and put it on your report to display the total.

Depending on what your subs are doing you may need to force the evaluation to a specific crystal evaluation pass (whilereadingrecords, whileprintingrecords, etc)

Thanks ciberratt,
    My report does not have a subreport, but it does have alias tables for 3 levels of sub-assemblies. Perhaps shared variables will work for me, but I seldom use them and my recollection of those formulas is rusty. Basically I am wanting the cost of a line item on a quote where the line item is an assembly (or kit). The assembly may have several pages of components and sub-assemblies. Each sub-assembly will display its cost total in one of 4 groups. There may be multiple GF2s, GF3s, and GF4s. I want to total all of them & display that total in GF1.