Unanswered: Dlookup/Form/Table problem

I have needed to add a new table (3g) to a database (with a new input form) which basically holds the same info as another table (mob)

yes, I need to keep the data in a separate table as it relates to different equipment in issue.

In table MOB I have a number of fields using DLOOKUP based ion info from a combo box that automatically completes them using data from a static table (address) and also stores that information in the table MOB (queries are run from this table so the data needs to be in it)

This works fine and has done for quite a while.

now, I have created the new table (3g) based it on the table and form above, and the lookup works on the form, but it doesnt seem to be storing any info from these fields into the table.

I have looked at it, and it has the same structure as the old table and looked at help, looked on the net and am stumped.

all the field names are the same in tables MOB and 3g have the same names as ADDRESS so they should be comaptible (and pulls the data as viewable)

can you help??

many thanks

Provided Answers: 59
    so why not have one table with an additional column which classifies the the type of data eg "GSM", "3g".....

that way round you don't have to duplicate forms, queries and reports. yes you will have to change all the exisiting forms, queries and reports which use the same table but but you don't duplicate..
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

MAny thanks Healdem, I had thought of this, but the powers that be wanted a separate form. I have now advised them this is the easier option and done it!!!!!

Provided Answers: 59
    there is nothing stopping you having a separate form (if that is what is decreed by those who must be obeyed)

however you just lie to them
    create a single form, call it with a parameter that identifies if its 3g or mobile or whatever
    change the appearance of the form as required.....

they think they are getting a new unique form, in reality they get one form design which morphs into whatever they want.

if Codd had meant users to design database apps he would have given users the power to think before imposing their daft ideas on developers
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton