Unanswered: CSV data file from SQL Server 2000 table - bcp in batch file

Hi

I need to extract some table data from SQL Server 2000 into a series of CSV files. I experimented with isql, osql and bcp and decided on bcp because it seemed the easiest way to obtain CSV data without trailing spaces.

My problem is that I can run single bcp commands of this form:

bcp "USE mydatabase SELECT Doc_ScanTime, Doc_AccountNo, Doc_ID, Doc_IndexUser, Doc_Initial, Doc_Surname FROM mytable WHERE handle_class='20' AND Object_isDeleted='0' AND Doc_ID LIKE '1%'" queryout bcp_output_1.txt -c -t, -T

on the Windows command line and they return the results I expect (although an error 5701 is displayed and a warning issued that the database context was changed, presumably as the result of a USE in my query). As soon as I put a number of them together into a batch file and run it from the command prompt, however, everything looks exactly the same except that I get no data back (0 rows copied).

There seem to plenty of examples out there of bcp being used in batch files - what am I doing wrong?

Thanks and regards

--Jim.

Not sure about the second part Jim.Maybe solving the first part will help....
    Code:
    bcp "SELECT Doc_ScanTime, Doc_AccountNo, Doc_ID, Doc_IndexUser, Doc_Initial, Doc_Surname FROM mydatabase..mytable WHERE handle_class='20' AND Object_isDeleted='0' AND Doc_ID LIKE '1%'" queryout bcp_output_1.txt -c -t, -T
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

That certainly eliminates the warnings (many thanks!), but doesn't help the batch file problem, which still gives no results, even if only a single bcp command is put into the batch file.

Regards

-- Jim.

maybe a permissions problem

Consider adding these BCP Parameters

[-S server_name[\instance_name]] [-U login_id] [-P password]
    "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein
    "Everything should be made as complex as possible, so I look Cleverer." - Application Developer

Thanks for the suggestion - tried it, but it made no difference. Runs fine as a single command at the prompt, but returns no data when run in a batch file.

Regards

-- Jim.

USE mydatabase; SELECT Doc_ScanTime, Doc_AccountNo, Doc...

this works with a -Q"command1;command2" via OSQL, I assume the same applies to BCP.
    Last edited by PMASchmed; 03-06-09 at 10:31.

escape your % character in the "like".

try %%, DOS thinks it's a variable.

echo your BCP command and you will see.

You got it. Sorted! Now works perfectly!

Many thanks and regards

-- Jim.