Unanswered: alter table - add column

Hi,
    I'm currently using ASE 12.5. I need to alter a table to add two new columns and was wondering what the best approach would be. We encountered a strange situation the other day when using the dbArtisan table editor to modify the datatype of an existing column. The SQL generated did a rename table/create new table/copy data/ action, but this resulted in all the dependencies (Stored Procedures) being recompiled and the user execution rights on those procedures being dropped! I have not be able to recreate this problem since. I have been able to use the alter statement to successfully modify the table on other occassions (to add/modify columns). I'm just trying to understand what happened on this failed attempt. Thanks.
    Last edited by arj; 03-07-09 at 23:01.

Thanks ************. I did manage to use the alter/add successfully. I think that the issue described came about when one of our team members did an alter/modify to change the data type of the new columns thru dbartisan. I believe older versions of ASE do not support alter/drop and alter/modify, and therefore dbartisan produces a script that copies the table to the new structure and then renames it to the original name. During that process something happened which caused all the dependencies to be dropped and recompiled incorrectly. I haven't be able to replicate this. Appreciate the reply.