Unhappy Unanswered: Open a new form when zero records are found

i current am using a macro to conduct a search of 7 combo boxes through a query. at the moment when you select search, if there are no records found the results form comes up with no information on it. i want it to open a new form to say no records were found please refine your search. i have a text box on my results form which has a count formula in it so it counts the number of records found. i have been trying to use an if formula to open a new form when this count is zero but cannot manage to get it to work.

the way in which i have tried to to put an action on the macro to runcode and used the expression builder to trype the code in. i dont know if this is correct being a bit of an access amateur.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by cvsb7
    being a bit of an access amateur
    from a novice to amatuer
    When no matching records are found, it would be better if the ResultForm is not even opened!
    You could have the macro open the ResultForm only if 1 or more records found else display a message box warning the user, and stay put in the search form itself.

Provided Answers: 59
    do youmean a new form or do you mean a message box

msgbox("Please refine your search, no rows were found", vbinformation,"Searching for data"))
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

could you please tell me how exactly i put that code into it. do i put that into an action on the macro and on the expression builder? im not familiar with writing code to perform actions.

thanks

place a code similar to this..
    Replace the recdCount with the variable which should be holding the records.
    code:
    If recdCount <= 0 Then
    MsgBox "No matching records found"
    Else
    'Your code to open the ResultForm
    End If