Unanswered: help with counter

Hi I am new to CR 8.5 and need to count the number of entries per page and place that on the end of the report. I can't seem to find out how to do this without grouping? Is there a way to group the whole report?

Need More Detail

Count what exactly? the number of rows returned? The number of a particular data object returned? Do you need a running total of something?

Could you describe what you are doing in more detail? Perhaps you could attach a screen shot with annotations?

further info

I am trying to count the number of members in the database.It will print 1 line per member. then I need to take that total and calculate 2/3 of it for the voting majority. Thanks in advance!

So try doing a count on the field that has the members name. To do that you would right-click the members name field and select insert then summary then select count from the drop down under "Calculate this summary".

If the table you are using only has one entry per member you are golden. If not you will need to use a distinct count rather than a count. Since there could be more than one person with the same last name (if you are using last name for your count) then if you have (which you ought to if the DB is properly normalized) separate fields for first, middle (if there is a field for middle at all) and last you should probably make a formula to concatenate the names to a full name, put that on the report, and do a distinct count of that.

Better yet, if you have a member number that is unique I'd do a count of that as it will always be unique and you won't have to worry about all that other mess.