Thread: Urgent Help!

Unanswered: Urgent Help!

hi this is my first time in here so am goin to need all the necessary help.

i have created my logical relational schema as below.

Customer{customer_id, customer_fname, customer_lname, customer_address, customer tel no, customer_type*}

Customer category{customer type, discount}//private =0, silver = 1.5, gold = 2.5, diamond = 4.5 //a customer has to be in one of the four categories. silver, gold and diamond customers are said to be business customers

category{category_id, category_name}

brand(brand id, brand name}

supplier{supplier id, supplier name, supplier address}

equipment{equipment id, category id*, brand id*, supplier id*, price, delivery time}

Transaction{transaction_id, equipment_id, customer_id, return_date, cancellation_reason, service_type//refund or replacement}

.................................................. .................................................. ......

i need to display the following applications from my schema

1. For a given particular equipment, show current stock and current items on hire with expected return dates. the name of the equipment should be captured at run-time from the user.

2.for a particular business customer, show the current items on hire with expected return dates plus any previous complaints that were made by that customer that involved a replacement or refund.

3.produce, for a given category, the total number of equipmets(i.e. items) under that category available in stock and the number currently on hire to customers.

i have two questions for you:

1. what have you tried?

2. when is this homework assignment due?
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

Hi, sorry if i took o much time off the board, i was sent out to do some reseaerch work in a rural area but regardless to answer your question

2. Wen is the deadline: the assignment is due on the 22nd of this month

1. What have i tried: for question

1. First off i have to admit i forgot to include the Equiment_name attribute in the Equipment table.

select e.equipment id, t.return date
    from transaction t, equipment e
    where e.equipment_name = equipments//

my solution shows me all the equipments that are in the transaction table i.e that are on hire, meaning it is wrong.

2.SELECT t.Equipment_id, t.Return_date, t.Cancellation_Reason, t.Support
    FROM [Transaction] AS t, Customer AS c, Membership AS m
    WHERE t.Customer_id=c.Customer_id And m.Discount>1;

Here its the same problem, and to make it worse, am not given an option of entering the business customer i want, and the last line(m.discount) which i put in so that the private customer is not included is not also working.

3. with the third query,, am stuck......................

any help.............................................. ..

Did you ever get an answer to question 3? i now have the same coursework and i'm suck with question 3