Converting DTS Packages to SSIS 2005

Has anyone had problems converting their DTS packages to SSIS if so what did you do to resolve the issue?

That's an incredibly vague question...

Yes, I had problems converting the packages because I was unfamiliar with the SSIS technology and unfamiliar with some of the DTS packages I had to migrate.

Essentially I rewrote much of what was done before to utilise as much T-SQL as possible and only used the ETL tool for the E and L parts. This will make my packages far more portable moving forward also.

Got any specific questions?
    George
    Home | Blog

No specific questions but thank you for the information. I work with Brian Knight at Pragmatic Works and we are Partnered with Microsoft and Have a solution that makes the migration process alot simpler. I am new to the company so I wanted to find out what are some of the specific issues people are have during the migration process. We also have developed a tool to monitor the packages once they are converted. If you are curious, look at our website. Pragmatic Works - DTS, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Business Intelligence, Training, Consulting, DTS to SSIS Conversion and Migration