Unanswered: SQL Server Backup Databases

Hi
    I wanna ask something for backups in sql server 2005...
    I made a database with name Bookstore
    Now when i try to make backup for the database it brings me this message

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
    ------------------------------

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlError: The filename '\BooksStore.bak' is invalid as a backup device name. Reissue the BACKUP statement with a valid filename. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)
    -----------------------------------------------

So what i have to do now??? Change the name of backup????

I also wanna ask because i am new is there any wizard like sql server 2000 to make something like backup...???

SQL Server 2005 Task shrink

Can you suggest me any site for sql server tutorials????

Provided Answers: 54
    What operating system is installed on the machine that is running SQL 2005? What Windows Login are you using for the SQL 2005 Windows service?

-PatP

And, if this is how you actually qualified the path name "\BooksStore.bak", it isn't a valid destination string. Something like 'e:\validpath\BooksStore.bak' should work without issue (or if going over the network- even though that is consider a bad practice, something like '\\servername\validpath\BooksStore.bak').

Edit - If going over the network, be sure permissions are set appropriately.

My problem is that i cant change the path.... Where i will change it.... In the backup window i cant change it, its already fixed i can only remove it...

Drop and recreate the backup device. Look under Server Objects -> Backup Devices.

Or if it's not a backup device but through the GUI (in my case I'm using EM), "remove" the destination and "add" a new one with the correct path.

Ok i find that but still and i cant change the path there but how i will make tha backup now... When i make a new device backup i can change the destination so i can put c:\....... but how i will use that device??????
    When i come back to my database the destination cant change so i can puct (c:\.....

use a file

backup database databasename to disk=N'C:\path\Backup.Bak' with init, stats=10

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasKain24
    Ok i find that but still and i cant change the path there but how i will make tha backup now... When i make a new device backup i can change the destination so i can put c:\....... but how i will use that device??????
    When i come back to my database the destination cant change so i can puct (c:\.....
    Don't use a device, simply backup to a file on a designated (valid) path. BOL has some examples of TSQL code you can use or right click on the database and select backup database or use a maintenance plan. Seems to me you're overthinking this process a bit. Take a deep breath and start fresh - it's not that complicated. Take screen shots or detail exactly what you are doing and where it is failing (detail is the key word here).

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasKain24
    so i can puct (c:\.....
    ???? I have never "puct" as far as I know