Senior Hyperion Developer/lead Position In Ny City
Note that we have nearly 10 years experience with this client. This is an excellent opportunity with a stable company offering career path, and a superb compensation and benefits package.
Visa sponsorship not available.
Responsible for the analysis, design, configuration, development, and deployment of Hyperion Applications in order to provide value-added reporting and critical informational answers to meet business needs. The technical lead will also work closely with internal clients to deliver, maintain, troubleshoot and enhance Hyperion application functionality. The position will also coordinate on-going production support and assist with Disaster Recovery.
• In conjunction with the client departments, this candidate will lead development of Hyperion Planning and Hyperion Essbase applications.
• Translate client needs into complex business rules, calc scripts, and batch scripts.
• Translate client reporting needs into Hyperion Financial Reports, SmartView for Office and Web Analysis (Analyzer) and Hyperion Business Rules
• Work closely with the Hyperion Production Administrator team for on-going deployment, support and maintenance needs.
• Mentor and coach junior members of the Hyperion team
• Bachelor's Degree with 5 - 7 years of work related experience
• 3+ years in Hyperion experience with 1+ years using System 9
• Has developed and deployed Hyperion applications
• Knowledge of financial processes utilizing Hyperion Planning, Essbase, SmartView, Financial Reports, Web Analysis, etc.
• Understands dependencies and interrelationships between separate functional modules of Hyperion Planning among forms, business rules, calculation scripts, variables and Essbase databases. Design, build and troubleshoot in these areas with this knowledge.
• Experience maintaining the interface points between Hyperion Planning and other applications.
• Experience using Hyperion scripting languages such as MaxL or Esscmd
• Experience in a minimum of 3 full life-cycle development efforts using Hyperion
• Working knowledge of Oracle database views and schema structure
• Creative individual with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Excellent communications skills required which is essential for business requirements gathering from clients and developers
• Knowledge of entertainment industry is a plus
• Experience in Accounting and/or Finance is a plus
• Hyperion Planning , Essbase, Reports, and Hyperion Application Link (HAL)