Unanswered: db2 needs to be restarted with change in timezone ??

Hi,

I have a db2 8.1 server on AIX 5.3. Initially, I had the timezone of CDT on my aix server, later I had changed to IST. Now, my question is do we have restart the db2 database to get reflected with new timezone ???

Thanks in advance.
    Neil

Hi,

You don't need to restart the DB2 database but have you restarted the AIX server?....once I deed the same TZ change and had issues before restarting...

Try that out.....

No, prev we havnt restartd the DB or server or app running on it. But, we were able to see new date on the AIX server, but wasnt reflecting the change when users connect thru toad or any other application to DB. Here we just want to be 100% sure that aix server needs to restartd or DB or both ??

Neil,the database itself does not need to necessarily be bounced. But I don't know if the OS patch requires a server reboot (which obviously has impact on DB2 :-) But if the Java and OS patches can be done online then DB2 is good to go...check this link out
    IBM - Known issues for DB2 on AIX 4.3.3, 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, and 6.1
    IBM - Changes to daylight savings time (DST) affect IBM DB2 products

If you are using GMT then there is no issue. The time change only affects Canada and the USA for AST, EST, CST, MST and PST.
    Last edited by anibchat; 03-18-09 at 09:38.