Unanswered: server names changed, need help

Hi all,
    I'm a complete newbie when it comes to db2, and am looking for some help.

We've got a couple of db2 servers ( and running in our development environment. The clients that are used to connect to the servers are in NFS space, and are accessible by 100 or so different versions of UNIX, LINUX automated build servers.

Our company recently split up into two separate companies and we had to change our NIS domain name. The admin who was taking care of these servers has also left the company.

As an example, the servers were named and Now they are crust and

I need help in changing the clients so that they can connect properly to the new server names. I think the server names need to be re-cataloged on the clients, but I am unsure how this is done.

One of our previous admins wrote a script that hacks all of the db2 client code in our NFS space that "should" allow me to do this, but it seems to be broken.

I've also got a "catalog.sql" file that we use when we're setting up new clients. It contains all of the server and database names that we have in our different server room locations. It has several entries that look like this:

# The database entries for the 32-bit V8.1 FP14 server running on
    catalog tcpip node NDM08141 remote server db2v81serv

catalog database QE1 as Q1D08141 at node NDM08141
    catalog database QE2 as Q2D08141 at node NDM08141
    catalog database SUPPORT as SPD08141 at node NDM08141
    catalog database QE1_UTF8 as Q1U08141 at node NDM08141
    catalog database SUP_UTF8 as SPU08141 at node NDM08141

I've edited this file and changed the hostname to crust and Can I just have the clients re-read this file to update their catalog? If so, how would I do this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Toronto, Canada
    Provided Answers: 1
    You will need to uncatalog the changing node first: add "uncatalog node NDM08141" before the "catalog tcpip node..." command for each node, obviously specifying the appropriate node each time.

Once this is done, you will need to execute catalog.sql on each client using the db2 command line processor:

$ db2 -f catalog.sql
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.