Unanswered: Restore SQL2008 database to SQL2005

Hi,

As the heading says I need to restore SQL2008 database to SQL2005. Now before y'll start bashing me, I have set the database compatibility level to SQL2005 but I am still getting errors when restoring.

Thought the whole point of compatibility was to make sure it can also be used in previous versions!

Anyone has any solutions?

Cheers

Sorry, can't be done. Compatibility does not work like that.
    I assume this is a one off migration? If so, probably best to script out your database, BCP your data and load.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Also, you are a bit ahead of the game so there is not much on the web (there's loads on 2005 to 2000 of course, much of which might apply).
    downgrade "sql server" 2005 2008 - Google Search
    The only thought is that maybe a high availability technology might help (2005 introduced some new ones that weren't available in 2000)
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Thanks guyz. I had a feeling that this is the case. I just didn't wanted to start out upgrading the production server since we are still testing the code on the dev server.

I have learned my lesson and will bite the bullet to do some manual grunt work since I can't just script the data due to it's nature.

Cheers