Unanswered: List needed for opening records in main form, please

Hello everyone,
    I have a tabbed form (built from around 30 tables) and when I need to view or update a record for a person (lets say, a customer in a video rental database) I would use the search dialog box looking up the surname or customer_id, but I was wondering if anyone knew a way to create a list of customers from which I could click an entry and it would open the relevant record in the main form? I'm quite comfortable with tables, queries and forms but not VBA or macros, I'm afraid, so if the solution does involve this then I would appreciate some code I could easily paste/use (and instructions for doing this).
    Thanks for your time and help.

Provided Answers: 14

Hello Sinndho
    Thanks for your helpful links. I didn't have much success with the code listing as I was experiencing various errors which (right now) are too confusing for me to sort out (I really need to learn VBA!). Whilst researching the errors though, I came across a page which presented an easier option for doing the same thing (essentially using the Combo Box Wizard on the Forms design page). Here's the link to the page I got the advice from (the last post on the page): link

Sinndho, thank you so very much again. I really couldn't have done this without you and there are quite a few gems of knowledge via the links you provided!
    Last edited by juliet3; 03-21-09 at 09:23.