Unanswered: Convert Paradox to MS SQL database

As a hobby, I want to rewrite a current application which is using Paradox tables (*.db) to a ASP .NET application using MS SQL Server 2008. Before starting programming, I want to be sure that I can convert the current tables to the MS SQL database.

Could anyone tell me how to manage this?

I can think of a couple of ways:

1) Finding a tool who does all.

2) Somehow generate CREATE TABLE and INSERT scripts and run them in the MS SQL environment

3) Somehow generate CREATE TABLE scripts and export/import the data via a CSV-file

There is a big gap between thinking of alternatives and realy doing it. I do not have Paradox software available on my PC, although I have some freeware tools that enable to look at the structure of the tables. That's it.

Please, could you advice me how solve this problem, like what tools to use or what procedure to follow.

Thanks a lot!

for the paradox side of your question.. I sell old paradox software on my web site.. that makes it easy to export to csv, which allows you to pass the data to ANY other platform..

for the dot net side of your question.. post and ask on the appropriate other section of dbforums, for much quicker and much better answers..
    --
    Steven Green - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

http://www.OasisTradingPost.com

Oasis Trading Post
    - Collectibles and Memorabilia
    - Vintage Lego Sets and Supplies
    - and Paradox Support, too

Thanks Steve, I will post the same question on the other forum. I will take a look at the software you're offering on your site, but do you know if there is a way of produccing CREATE TABLE SQL-scripts from Paradox?

do you know if there is a way of produccing CREATE TABLE SQL-scripts from Paradox?

sure, if you want to learn some simple OPAL (Paradox) coding, too.. actually, you'd be adding a complete second layer of coding to your project, to do part of it from each platform.. if it's a one-time thing, you might just want to use something like Excel or Access to open the paradox files and Save As..
    --
    Steven Green - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

http://www.OasisTradingPost.com

Oasis Trading Post
    - Collectibles and Memorabilia
    - Vintage Lego Sets and Supplies
    - and Paradox Support, too