Unanswered: MySQL foreign key info

Does MySQL store FK info in the information schema? The schema seems to imply that it does but there's no useful data in there that I can find. I just want to see what the links are between tables automatically.

Cheers

mysql> select version();
    +--------------------+
    | version() |
    +--------------------+
    | 5.1.41-3ubuntu12.3 |
    +--------------------+
    1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select CONSTRAINT_SCHEMA, TABLE_NAME, COLUMN_NAME, REFERENCED_TABLE_SCHEMA, REFERENCED_TABLE_NAME, REFERENCED_COLUMN_NAME from KEY_COLUMN_USAGE where REFERENCED_TABLE_SCHEMA is not null;

Thank you - better late than never

That's AWESOME! It not only took 1.5 years to get an answer, but the OP was actually still around to see the answer the same day. Classic. Just don't ask any questions about the PK...that might take even longer.
    Last edited by tsx1968; 08-06-10 at 23:36.

Provided Answers: 54
    You gotta love it when the system werks!

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Quote Originally Posted by tsx1968 View Post
    That's AWESOME! It not only took 1.5 years to get an answer, but the OP was actually still around to see the answer the same day. Classic. Just don't ask any questions about the PK...that might take even longer.
    After the 1st year I was beginning to give up hope but I knew I just had to hang in there

Hi, I guess it may seem a little weird to have replied to such an old thread. I came across it after reading Mikes thread on OTLT/EAV and then taking a look at his thread history for any other gems :-D

Quote Originally Posted by tsx1968 View Post

mysql> select CONSTRAINT_SCHEMA, TABLE_SCHEMA, COLUMN_NAME from KEY_COLUMN_USAGE where CONSTRAINT_NAME = 'PRIMARY';

Should be TABLE_NAME instead of TABLE_SCHEMA, sorry.