e currently have a position available with our client in Washington, DC. It is a 5 to 6 month contract for a SQL Server Administrator. I have included the job description below for your review. Please reply with a resume if interested. Thanks!
• Maintain web and database servers, patches, configuration modifications, and other similar tasks. These tasks are on-going in nature, therefore will be carried out throughout the year. Specific skills: Microsoft OS, Microsoft Web Services, Microsoft SQL, f5 Load balancers, BIND Dns services, Verisign SSL, and SAN Storage.
• Help District agencies and other branches and all others, in maintaining the respective web applications and services. The efforts in this area will be directed by supervisor’s priority in accordance with overall objectives at the time.
• Attend all meeting involving other groups and district agencies.
• Provide assistance to management in accomplishing broad-range goals as well as managing specific tasks for the team, so that the team can provide the best service throughout the year.
• Participate in the design of application infrastructure and evaluation of new technologies that can be effectively deployed for improved services. This is in line with upper management’s near-term goals for high availability datacenters and reliable application services.
• Team efforts to provide sustained web services that have a 99.9% uptime within our reasonable control.
• Accuracy and reliability in conducting deployment and maintenance tasks with complete satisfaction of involved agency or of the supervisor; planned viable alternatives in event the desired result cannot be reached with the best effort.
• Response time in accordance with the set tasks and priorities:
• Mission critical events immediately or within minutes upon notice
• On-call duty immediately or within minutes
• Production system events within 30 minutes upon system alerts or notification
• Other events according to urgency and/or priority within the guidelines of the organization and the team, or, following the stated Service Level Agreements between us and other agencies
SQL Management, DB Tuning, DBA, creation of stored procedures and triggers, Required, 8 Years
Manages Enterprise Server & Client Verisign, SSL Server Certificates, Required, 5 Years
Manages Verisign Client Digital IDs, Required, 5 Years
Manages Enterprise Web Server Farms using F5 and Radware Load Balancers, Required, 5 Years
Configuring and installing SAN Storage, Highly desired
Installed, implemented, configured, and managed VMWare ESX, Highly desired
SQL Server 2008/2005/2000/7.0/6.5/4.9.2, Required, 8 Years