Trying to develop a conceptual model

Hi everyone,

I'm currently involved in a small project as part of a college assignment. The project is a Python script that pulls a node from a database, pings the node every minute and sends a number of metrics from the ping response to a MySQL database and creates a new row each time which is timestamped (This part is fine)

I now wish to develop reporting functionality in order to create reports based on the data in the database, such as "Node availability" or "Node performance" over time. For example, If I have a week's worth of ping responses in a database for "google.com" and every row advises that google was "reachable" when pinged - I wish to turn this into a value like 100% and display this value in my JSP web application

Does anyone have anybody have any previous experience with generating such report data with a focus on timestamps?

Thanks for your attention.

Since each ping represents a 1 minute interval, you shouldn't have to worry about the actual timestamp in the calculation of availability. (You would use it to determine the report boundries, though.)

Code:
    Select NodeNum, Count(NodeNum)/(7*24*60) * 100 as Availability
    From NodeTable
    Where TimeStamp >= 'StartDateTime' and TimeStamp <= 'EndDateTime'
    Last edited by loquin; 03-25-09 at 15:00.
    Lou
    使大吃一惊
    "Lisa, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" - Homer Simpson
    "I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them!" - Bette Middler
    "It's a book about a Spanish guy named Manual. You should read it." - Dilbert