Question Unanswered: Does Access need to be installed to view report

I need to know if the full version of access needs to be installed on a client machine in order to run a report from a regular .mdb/.mde file that is on that machine?

History: Our client is in another state and the box that this mdb/mde would be on will not have office or access installed on it. We will also not be using the Access runtime either.

Thank you for your help.

I would think that you would either need the runtime or the full version to be able to open the database and run a report.

Can the report be generated from a different machine with Access installed and then emailed as an attachment - pdf or something similar?

C

Provided Answers: 59
    to run a report in an MDB/MDE your client would have to have either Access or Runtime installed.

he should be able to view snapshots,but I can't gurantee that its so long ago since I last encountered a workstation without Access or Runtime.

if the reprot isn't too complex you could probably knock up and equivalent in a language and/or crystal reports
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

You can distribute the access runtime version if you have the office developer's version on your computer.
    Lou
    使大吃一惊
    "Lisa, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" - Homer Simpson
    "I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them!" - Bette Middler
    "It's a book about a Spanish guy named Manual. You should read it." - Dilbert